Blackjack has become a popular online card game lately. The purpose is to score 21 points or, at least, to get closer than the dealer to 21, without going over. The fame of this game has even attracted great actors such as Ben Affleck and George Clooney, who enjoy playing an occasional relaxing game with friends and drinks.
If you want to know why this game has become a favorite of many, read on. Today, we will focus on the best online versions of the game. Ready to take a break from the routine and play blackjack? Here’s our updated review on how to play blackjack online.
Find The Types Of Online Blackjack With Us
Finding card games that have good benefits for players is not always so easy, but this is not the case with blackjack.
Blackjack or 21, as it is also known, has one of the lowest house edge rates of all popular casino games. In the classic version, this advantage is only 0.48%. For all other variations, this value varies because of different rules. Here are some of the games that are currently in demand in international virtual casinos. They differ when it comes to rules and house advantage.
After distributing the cards to all players, the dealer shows the first card. If there are blackjack options, the dealer will check the second card. If they have the maximum hand, the game is over. If not, the dealer will give a turn to the players. They will already know that the dealer does not have the maximum hand. In this case, the advantage is that the player can win more.
Even if the dealer’s first card is an ace, players who have blackjack will have the option to cash out early before the dealer raises the second card. In this case, the payout is 1 to 1, when the normal blackjack payout is 3 to 2.
This type is a little different. The game starts with a dealer receiving one card. Only when all players are provided with enough cards to make up their hand, the dealer is allowed to take it once more. The bad thing about this variant is that players play without the ‘advantage’ of knowing that the dealer may have blackjack. This increases the player’s chances of losing when doubling or splitting.
However, it is not all bad. This variation has the benefit of requiring the dealer to stand on soft 17. That way, the player has enough chances of profiting. So, are you ready to play?
This classic version has earned the right to be considered an independent blackjack game. The player will find a perfect advantage in it. What differentiates it from traditional blackjack is that the gambler is dealt two pairs of cards. The first move they can make is to switch two cards between their pairs, creating two new hands. For example, if a player has a 9-10 hand and a 4-5 hand, they can exchange the 10 and the 5.
However, there are also disadvantages. Switch pays less money than traditional blackjack or other versions. Besides, some rules of the basic strategy are obsolete and do not bring benefits to the player.
Now that you know the variants of this game, it is time for you to learn more about the terminology used in Blackjack. And here they are.
10 Blackjack Terms You Must Know
Do you know the term Surrender? Or the term Check? No problem, we will explain what the terms of blackjack games mean so you will get the best playing experience. Here are some expressions with their respective definitions:
- Hit: this action works as a word to ask for a new card.
- Stand: when a player refuses to have an additional card from the dealer during the game.
- Split: this is used to separate a pair of matching cards and then play these cards as two different hands.
- Double down: this action occurs at the table when a player decides to bet for the second time.
- Surrender: when a player gives up their hand to get back half of the first bet.
- Bust: this happens when the hand rating exceeds 21.
- Soft hand: the term is used in the case of having an ace that can be counted as number 1 or 11.
- Tie: when the player’s and dealer’s cards are of the same value and the bet is returned to the player.
- Dealer: is known as the person who deals the cards. Players compete with the dealer.
- Blackjack: when the first two cards of a hand add up to 21. The name of the game and its goal are combined into one.
Ready to use these terminologies in your games? learn more with us and get the best out of your plays with these strategies.
What You Need To Start Playing Blackjack Online
If you are in the USA, you will have access to many virtual casinos. Why use CafeCasino then? We have enough free games online that you can access to start a quick match. Also, we have VIP programs that will give you access to tournaments of blackjack games and live dealer rooms.
Blackjack Online Strategies That Can Help You Win
Are you looking for strategies? Here you will learn three things that may work for you when you play online. Chances are they will help you beat the dealer.
- Allow the croupier to pass. If the dealer shows a 4, 5, or 6, you should only ask for one more card if you have a soft hand. This means that you have no option to go over 21 with that extra card. If the dealer has the option to bust, your chances of winning are high.
- If you have just started playing online blackjack, you need time to learn. This is the best decision to make at all times. This way, you will know what to do in each of the multiple situations that can occur during the game, even if you play at a free blackJack table.
- Stand with 17 or high hands. If you have 17 points or more, you should always stand. In case you do not have any aces, the chances of busting when drawing a new card are very high. There are many situations in which the stand option is not good, for example, when the dealer shows an ace or a high card. The dealer is at the risk of exceeding 21 with the new card, so you stand a good chance of taking advantage.
4 Recommendations For You To Win Blackjack Games
Do you need some advice? Check this set of tips that will help you double your winnings and test your luck.
- Do not try to go deep in counting and making calculations when you participate in the online blackjack. The dealing of cards is digital, and therefore, cards are randomly reshuffled within the play.
- Test your blackjack strategy in a demo mode. This way, you can practice your acquired skills and see if they work in a real money game.
- Learn how to differentiate hard cards from soft cards. The trick is in having an ace. If you have one in your hand, these are soft cards; if you don’t — these are hard cards. Follow the basic strategy chart further.
- Do not Surrender unless you are in a pretty much exceptional situation. For example, if you want to recover the amount you bet or at least a percentage per the total amount.
If after this information, you still have some doubts, check this list of questions and answers where we give you more information.
Online Blackjack FAQ
Some applications that offer free games from virtual casinos do require downloading. In most cases, they do not have a website to play on. If you search for CafeCasino, you will find that we allow you to use the platform from your phone. So, sign up and start earning your winnings.
Some online casinos allow you to play with other players for free. However, for the most part, to access group games you will have to pay a fee to join a match. In CafeCasino, you will be able to find around nine table games that will connect you with other players.
Yes, there are. Nowadays, almost all websites support any mobile device so that players can access blackjack for free online games. However, the best virtual casino platforms are usually paid. So, it’s up to you to decide which is more convenient for you.
Yes. For this, you need to find a venue that offers a virtual casino with real money, like CafeCasino. You will need to simply register an account on the site by providing your email and personal details. Then, choose a payment method and make a deposit so that the casino can give you access to a gambling room.
Almost all blackjack games online count on “table game” bonuses. The bonuses are often based on the amount of your deposit. Besides, you must meet the wagering requirements to cash out your bonus. Beyond this, remember that you can also earn some comp points on your blackjack play. This will make you earn more additional rewards.
Now that you have this information, it’s time for you to enter Cafe Casino and start enjoying the best online games. Choose your blackjack table and surprise everyone with your skills.